The Denver defense lawyers at LFM Defense are experienced and aggressive in defending clients against assault charges.
Assault, a violent crime, is defined by Colorado law as any action in which a person intentionally or negligently injures or threatens to cause injury to another individual. While the severity of assault charges will depend on a number of factors – including whether a weapon was used and the nature of the alleged victim in the case, any assault charge is a serious matter that could land a person in jail or prison for months or years upon conviction.
Felony Assaults Can Result In Mandatory Prison Even For First-Time Offenders!
The stakes are real, and the Denver defense lawyers at LFM Defense will have your back.
Our Colorado assault defense lawyers have a proven track record of successfully defending our clients against a wide range of assault charges, including:
- First-degree assault, a Class 3 felony crime that can be punishable by up to 10 years in prison
- Second-degree assault, a Class 4 felony crime that can be punishable by up to five years in prison
- Third-degree assault, a Class 1 misdemeanor crime that can be punishable by up to 18 months in jail
- Vehicular assault, a Class 5 felony that can be punishable by up to three years in prison and that can be charged as a Class 4 felony if a DUI was allegedly involved in the incident.
Assault Defense/Self-Defense/Defense Of Others
While the best defense strategies for an assault case will depend on the specifics of the case, in general, potential defense arguments can include:
- Defense of others
- Heat of passion
- Provocation on behalf of the alleged victim
- Mistaken identity (i.e., that the defendant has been mistaken for the person who actually committed the assault)
If you or a loved one has been charged with assault, it will be critical that you have an experienced defense lawyer on your side in order to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. The skilled criminal defense lawyers at LFM Defense strive to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients’ criminal cases using innovative as well as time-tested strategies. To do this, we rely on our thorough knowledge of the criminal justice system attained through more than three decades of combined criminal practice. We know the police, prosecutors and judges, and they know our reputation for excellence. Our unflinching commitment to our clients, as well as our extensive legal knowledge and experience, allow us to consistently build our clients the strongest possible defense so they can resolve their cases as favorably and efficiently as possible.
To learn more about your legal rights and receive professional advice regarding your case, let’s talk about it by sending us a message at the bottom of the screen or calling us at 720-961-6518.