Denver Drug Crime Lawyers
Allegations of drug crimes are serious charges that can ultimately land an individual in prison, cost thousands of dollars and result in a permanent criminal record if the accused is ultimately convicted of these charges. Typically, the severity of drug crime charges and the resulting penalties upon conviction will depend on:
- The amount and type(s) of drugs allegedly found.
- Whether the drugs were allegedly transported across state lines or U.S. borders.
- Whether other criminal charges, such as illegal weapons possession, are filed along with the drug charges.
- Whether the individual has a criminal record.
- Whether the individual was on probation or parole at the time of the drug arrest.
At LFM Defense, our Colorado drug crime defense lawyers are dedicated to providing our clients with the strongest possible defense against all types of drug charges, including (but not limited to) charges of:
- Possession of a controlled substance (PCS)
- Drug trafficking and/or money laundering
- Drug distribution and/or manufacturing
- Drug sales
- Driving under the influence of drugs.
- Colorado Organized Crime Control Act (COCCA) and conspiracy charges
Drug Crimes Defense
While the best defense strategies for drug charges will depend on the drug charges filed, as well as the specifics of the case itself, in general, potential defense arguments against drug charges can include the following:
- Police illegally searched the accused and, as a result, violated his Fourth Amendment rights
- Police illegally searched a home, car or business without a search warrant
- Police failed to follow proper procedures when investigating the case and/or arresting the individual; therefore, the evidence against the accused should be thrown out of court
- The drugs in question did not belong to the defendant, and the defendant had no knowledge of them
Denver’s Best Drug Defense Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been charged with a drug crime, it is critical that you have an experienced drug defense lawyer on your side. The skilled lawyers at LFM Defense focus exclusively on criminal defense. Our unflinching commitment to our clients, as well as our extensive legal knowledge and experience, allow us to consistently build our clients the strongest possible defense so they can resolve their drug cases as favorably and efficiently as possible. To learn more about your legal rights and receive professional advice regarding your case, let’s talk about it by sending us a message at the bottom of the screen or calling us at 720-961-6518.